Monday 7 January 2013

" HOW I SURVIVED SICKLE CELL AND BRAIN TUMOUR" T-BOZ OF TLC FAME

Chilli and T-Boz of TLC attended the 2012 MOBO awards at Echo Arena on November 3, 2012 in Liverpool, England.
Remember T-Boz of TLC? Many may not know that this beautiful lady with the sonorous voice has been challenged with sickle cell anemia since the age of 7.

" I was told I wouldn't live past 30 . I would be disabled my whole life and I would never become a mother. My daughter is Chase she is 12, Ive travelled the world in one of the best groups ever and i'm 42!
5 years ago doctore found a tumour in her brain which left her partially blind and deaf. Today this songwriter/singer is healing and fighting back to take the chances she lost during her illness. She fought to live and didn't have time to die.


When you meet her now, it's hard now to tell anything was ever wrong with T-Boz.
"I still have a crooked smile and just certain things I deal with, but I'll take all of that to be back here and be Chase's mother," she said.
Predictions of her lifespan are still pessimistic, but her optimism rejects them.
"Now they're saying 45, and I plan to be talking to y'all at 56," she said. "I'd rather take over the disease than let it take over me. Let's put it that way."

No comments: