Thursday 31 January 2013

"If It's My Mistake, It's My Mistake", Rihanna On Getting Back With Chris Brown


Rihanna has opened up like never before about getting back together with her ex-boyfriend, Chris Brown, and what it means for her public image.

"I decided it was more important for me to be happy," She says.

 "I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that. Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."

The couple's public reconciliation comes less than four years since Brown assaulted Rihanna the night before the 2009 Grammy Awards. Brown pleaded guilty to assault and performed community service, but he remains on probation.

Rihanna in her interview says they dont argue like they used to anymore and the relationship is more subdued. "We talk about s***. We value each other. We know exactly what we have now, and we don't want to lose that." She concludes that if Brown were ever to display a hint of his past behavior towards her, she is ready to walk.

On if Chris has changed? “I know it comes off like that. And it doesn’t help. For a long time he was really angry, and he felt like he couldn’t get away from it, no matter what he did. But there’s so many reasons why I ever reconsidered having him in my life. He’s not the monster everybody thinks. He’s a good person. He has a fantastic heart. He’s giving and loving. And he’s fun to be around. That’s what I love about him – he always makes me laugh. All I want to do is laugh, really – and I do that with him.”

No comments: