Tuesday, 8 January 2013


 Tess Guthrie from New South Wales, did not know what happened when she found the strength to pry a 2 metre Python from the arm of her 2 year old  daughter Zara, in the middle of the night.
She had been woken by the hissing of the cat which for days had been behaving strangely. She turned on her phone to use the light when she saw a snake coiled around the arm of her daughter. Her sudden startled movement forced the snake to constrict and strike Zara 3 times. The last strike almost proved fatal as it bit down and refused to let go. Tess, grabbed the snake by the head and flung it down but Zara had started bleeding by this time screaming in terror and pain. See photo after the cut.

Zara was rushed to the hospital by paramedics. The amazing part of it all ,is that experts have said the snake was only looking for warmth and reacted to the danger posed by Tess. She has since ordered that the snake  be let down into the wild no hard feelings.
Tess Guthrie, with her two-year-old daughter Zara; and Tex Tillis, with the snake he removed from their home.
Zara, Tess and the snake!
An expert has said other parents unfortunate enough to find themselves in a similar situation would be best served immediately turning on the light and then grabbing the snake just below his head so it immobilises his jaw.

No comments: