Thursday 17 January 2013

"Stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity, and stop using your fans to belittle" Sharon Osbourne tells Lady Gaga.

Kelly Osbourne and mum Sharon

Sharon Osbourne has stepped into the feud between her daughter Kelly Osbourne and Lady Gaga. The feud started in 2009 when kelly called Lady Gaga, "Butterface", drawing a backlash of hateful comments from Lady Gaga's fan whom Sharon describes as the worst in the world.
Sharon claims she gets lots of hate comments on twitter. She told Fabulous magazine that, "I get called fat all the time. A big fat whore. Lady Gaga's fans are the worst. They've said I should kill myself, that they hope I get raped. I mean it's crazy but I've had this all my life and I just try and ignore it."
"I actually think she's a good singer, but she has the worst fans in the world and you have a responsibility to stop that. I think you do anyway," Osbourne added. She reached out to Lady Gaga's Manager in the hope that she will call her fans to order but instead got an open letter from Lady Gaga on her website. Read Letter after the cut.




Lady Gaga
f3d53c6c970b635da6c0eaa3b1eca7b7 Sharon Osbourne To Lady Gaga: Your Open Letter Is Hypocritical and Full of Contradictions
Lady Gaga(far left) next to her is Sharon when the going was good.
"I have empathy for you Kelly, but I feel it culturally important to note that you have chosen a less compassionate path. Your work on E! with the Fashion Police is rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people's beauty against one another," the singer wrote. "Your show breeds negativity, and over the years has even become comedic in nature. ... To see you blossoming into a beautiful slender woman who makes fun of others for a living is astounding. Why not help others? Why not defend others who are bullied for their image and share your story?
"I cannot control my fans, and I discourage them from any negativity and violence, because that is wrong and hurtful - and I do feel badly that your feelings were hurt," she continued. "However, we can all do our part in the media to set a standard of respect, compassion, and love. I wish for you to be treated with the kindness and respect that everyone deserves."
 Sharon Osbourne fires back in an open letter on her Facebook page:
"Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions," Osbourne wrote. "By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a [publicity-] seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker. You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter. Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?
"Stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity, and stop using your fans to belittle not just Kelly but an endless stream of celebrities," she added. "A word from you would stop all the hideous, negative and vile threats from your 'little monsters.' Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I'm an open playing field for you my darling."

No comments: