Monday 18 February 2013

Prezzo's Poetic Tribute To Goldie and a Picture of his Girlfriend Joy

With Joy Wanjohi his girlfriend of one and a half years
Prezzo and Goldie
Prezzo

 

As the news of  the death of Nigerian singer, Goldie echos around the continent, fans and colleagues continue to express shock and grief.  Kenyan rapper, Prezzo who has become romantically linked with Goldie following their love affair on the Big Brother Stargame TV show, has also responded the shocking news with a touching tribute on his facebook page. He wrote:

God saw you were getting tired, and a
cure was not meant to be
So he put his arms around you, and
whispered come with me
With tearful eyes we watched you, as
we saw you pass away
Although we love you deeply, we could
not make you stay
Your golden heart stopped beating,
hard working hands at rest
God broke our hearts to prove to us…
He only takes the best 

 In a recent interview before her death, Goldie claims she was never in a relationship with Prezzo. I hope it was not all in his head like her husband, Andrew, claims. 

Goldie had met up with Prezzo in Kenya before visiting New York, where they even posed for photos wearing the same hoodie with the same inscription. During her visit, the couple paid a courtesy call to Prezzo‘s mum at the leafy Kileleshwa suburbs, recorded some music and took part in an anti-jigger campaign.

Goldie stated: “I am not dating Prezzo. The state of things between us is the same state of things between me and anyone in Big Brother. We are all friends.

“I did not go to Kenya to see him. I went there for an event. People are just assuming there is something going on between us because we are not speaking.”

She went further, “Well, everybody is just working for the soap opera that will never come.”

Prezzo has been photographed with Joy Wanjohi who used to work at Phat Magazine,  he said, 

" She is my girlfriend and we have been together now for one and a half years".  The news dem sef dey confusing, abeg read and make your own conclusions jare. The picture below is that of Goldie the day she left Big Brother House and something she says really brings chills to my heart as this really answers the question for all of us "...at the end of the day God decides..."

 Goldie at her eviction.


An emotional Goldie was announced as the housemate to leave the upville house on that sad day. Although Goldie had the lowest nomination, she did not survive evictions and was sent home.
After sharing hugs with all housemates except an apologetic Prezzo, who walked her to the door, she finally gave him a hug on his request.
On stage she said, “You can never really tell what happens, no one knows tomorrow.” When asked who the real goldie was, she said, “When I’m on stage, my aim is to entertain, and when I’m at home, I’m at home.”
On defining her relationship with Prezzo, “I’ve come to care for him a lot,” Goldie said. When asked by IK what she would liked to be remembered with, a very emotional Goldie answered, “Not as a disgrace to my country. I would never let my country down. I did try my best, but God decides.” 
May God grant her family, friends and fans the fortitude to bear the loss. Rest in peace Goldie.

No comments: