Tuesday 2 April 2013

Photos - Regina Askia and Family

 

"I told someone I was " Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria" more than 20 yrs ago and they said ...Yes Regina, ....I showed photos of my VGC home and the small swimming pool I had up in the back for my 7 y/o ......they say you worked here ? I said no that's was my home and that was my driver, my daughters nanny and the other young woman in the pic was the maid......., they say alright Regina......when convo begins on my work on television back home....I get looks. The medical term for people who talk about seemingly fantastic stuff....is " Delusions of Grandeur". 

More photos after the cut...
My story above is not typical for a majority of the African American females so I must be some kind of afflicted? ( Speaking of which am I an African American female or an African immigrant ....believe me the difference is like night and day....) When I talk excitedly about reopening my day care and all the other exciting opportunities i embrace ....I get comments like all this is so dizzying what is wrong with you....When I muse about getting that lifestyle back they say " Good luck with that and how about you just go back......lol...

Photo
Regina and daughter, Stephanie
Photo: Mommy and me
Regina and her Mum
With husband Rudy

I really love that I was able to experience life as a citizen of the world......to compare and contrast and be in a position to chase my dreams on which ever side of the continent I wanted....France, England, Russia, Japan, Canada, ......still contemplating South America...terrified of the drugsituation.......


I have been so blessed and I'm so thankful. My joy in doing all the "dizzying " things I do is to create opportunities for others to take flight just like was created for me, to watch little miracles each day as bodies battered through years of poor choices slowly rebuild and recover (nursing), babies who could only babble grow and can spell,write their names and hold a conversation with you beyond "no".... Lol. My life has truly been a joy to me and I pray in all my dizziness that it will be a blessing to countless others and i would have left this plane just a little bit better than I found it.....so please people accommodate me....thanks guys.......


No comments: