Thursday 2 May 2013

Chris Kelly Of The Kris Kross Duo Is Dead

Chris Kelly of Kris Kross Dead at 34Kriss Kross 3
I am saddened by the news that Chris Kelly, better known as “Mac Daddy” of 1990s Atlanta rap duo Kris Kross, passed away earlier today at the age of 34. An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow, however, a rep with the Fulton County Police Department tells CBS Atlanta that it appears he died of a drug overdose.
Greg Street of V-103 was close friends with Chris and broke the news via Twitter: click to continue after the cut:

"Around 7:45 I received a phone call from his cousin saying they had found Kelly at the house just 20 minutes earlier and he was unresponsive. I just received confirmation that he has passed."
Meanwhile, Akini Jeffrey, producer of 94.5′s Streetz Morning Grind describes his last conversation with Chris Kelly early this morning:
"I was extremely shocked to hear of his passing because I actually called him this morning at the radio station around 7:52am. Basically, I was doing show prep and came across a blog site that had his birthday posted as today. I was trying to remember if that was correct because I remembered it being August 11.
I just randomly called him to get him on the air to see if it was true and wish him a happy birthday, and he answered the phone. You can tell there was a lot going on in the background. Chris said to someone, “It’s Akini from the radio station, baby”. He also went on the apologize to me for not showing up to a radio interview that I had him scheduled for back February for the So So Def reunion."
Chris and Chris “Daddy Mac” Smith rose to #1 on the charts as teenagers who became famous for spitting rhymes and wearing their clothes backwards. They were a part of the So So Def family.
Watch their “Jump” Video here:

No comments: