Friday 28 February 2014

Pregnant Woman Runs A Marathon Four Weeks Before Her Baby Is Born!

A Chinese woman, Xu Yunyun 28, has run a marathon in spite of being pregnant and expected to deliver in March, she believes the training will aid delivery. She says her inspiration is from Paula Radcliffe who ran twice a day during the first five months of her pregnancy. In her words:
" I have always been an enthusiastic runner and I don't see any reason why I need to stop just because I am pregnant. I took an easy pace and did not overstretch myself and my doctor told me the carrying on exercise is the best way to ensure a healthy baby is born".
The US Department of Health and Human services says women who are active runners could keep taking part in the sports during pregnancy. Only after a doctor has certified you fit enough I suppose.

No comments: